Thursday 15 June 2017

Summer Time and the Livin' is Easy

Hello.  Welcome.  A new challenge over at the Rubber Dance blog today and we want to see your Summer projects.   I rounded up the poodle and off to the beach we did go........




I started by taking a piece of yellow card, ripping it and smearing with Mustard distress ink




I stamped some images from Retro Beach with Tea Dye distress




More images from Retro Beach stamped with Spiced Marmalade distress ink and I embossed the 'surf line' using WOW White Puff Embossing Powder.  




I made the 'sea' on a piece of paper using three shades of blue distress ink and images from Retro Beach and Take the Plunge

 

I stamped, embossed and fussy cut the boy from Retro Beach and the poodle from Poodle Power.  I used gel pens to colour the boy and distress inks for the poodle.   



And it all went together like this, with some additional words from the Retro Beach stamp set.  




You can find the challenge HERE.  Looking forward to seeing your makes.


Remember, if you are shopping at Rubber Dance you can use my code GTfreeship you can get free worldwide shipping on orders over €15. 
Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Poodle is joining the fun at

9 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

... because everyone takes a poodle to the beach! Great card, I love how you created the sand and the sea - very clever! Thanks for joining us at Naughty or Nice this month! Jo x

Sue said...

This is brilliant Gail, great fun and so clever! Have a fab weekend. Sue xx

Katie said...

Fun project

Rubber Dance said...

What a cool card! I love the idea of creating a beach! Hugs!

Oh You Made Me Ink said...

Your project is wonderful! Great job! Thanks for joining us at Naughty or Nice! Cyndi, DT

Lisa H said...

hurray for the beach! Thanks for joining us at Mixed Media Monthly. =)

Lindsey said...

So good! The beach and sea are perfect, and I love the boy and poodle additions! Thanks for joining us at Naughty or Nice Challenges!

Astrid Maclean said...

A fun project, very nice! Thanks for adding it to Mixed Media Monthly!

laury55 said...

it really looks fantastic, great background. Thanks for joining us at WOW embossing challenge