Monday 17 April 2017

City Chick

Hello.  Welcome.  I really liked this card by Becca so decided to make my own version with this very cool Stamplorations chick.  I made an ATC. 


Bwahahahaha.  This was actually my second attempt at Becca's technique for simple watercolour shading.  The first one went a little pear shaped.  But I got there in the end.  Or here at least.  I cut my ATC using a Sizzix die.  Then I stamped and masked the chick from Stamplorations Fowl Play.  I stamped the splat and postmark stamp from Grunge Elements then coloured using distress inks.  Becca set her panel on a coloured background, but since I was working on an ATC I decided to use some washi tape around the edge to make a colourful border.  Then I stamped the Happy Birthday to finish. 

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
Aud Sentiments Challenge 177 - Happy Birthday
Cut It Up Challenge 119 - Case It
Stamplorations Things With Wings Spring Hop 
Stamplorations April Challenge - Stamps and Wings
Stamplorations Spotlight Project Showcase




6 comments:

Furrbster said...

This is a delightful little ATC!

Thanks for sharing with us for our 7th birthday challenge at Aud Sentiments,

Hugz Tinz

Larelyn said...

Wow, love the technique. I really need to try things outside my comfort zone and this turned out so well. Thank you for joining our CASE challenge at Cut it Up Challenge Blog.

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

I like all the sploshes and stamping, and that style of chicken is so fun! Great card. Thanks for joining us for our CASE It! challenge at Cut it Up!

Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

Becca Cruger said...

So cool! This ATC definitely isn't pear shaped, regardless of how the first one turned out! Love the idea of the washi tape around the border!

shirley-bee said...

Fun ATC, Gail!

Helen Gullett said...

Gail, that is super adorable card. Thank you for playing with STAMPlorations April Theme & Sketch Challenge