Sunday 9 October 2016

Sckool

Click here for the November CCC Sign Up
Click here for the September CCC Reveal 


Hello.  Welcome.  Still trying to find something book themed for the Craft Barn Challenge.  I know, book paper, but I wanted a book stamp!  So I dug through the 'little used' stamp box and found an Ex Libris stamp by Katzelkraft.  I stamped and fussy cut the books and they fell onto my desk upside down and looked exactly like a mini tornado.


See!  Exactly like a mini tornado!!  And then there was 50's Lilith by Tickled Pink.  She has been lurking for a while waiting for the perfect moment.  So, since it tis the season to say Boo! and also to go back to school (witch schools start late to take full advantage of Halloween and dark evenings)  I decided she fitted perfectly.  Lesson 101 - book levitation

My black base card was cut with Stamplorations Crazy Stitched Rectangle die and I smeared the edges with Taylored Expressions Sugar Cube white pigment ink.  Love this.  It's new.  I was desperately looking for a good white ink and I can definitely recommend this one.  Lovely juicy pad and great coverage.  If you are thinking it looks a bit washy that's cos I smeared it to get my chalkboard look.  

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
The Craft Barn Weekly Challenge - Books
Winnie & Walter WCMD 2016 - Stretch Your Stamps
Always Use Rubber Challenge 1 - It's Not All Black and White inspired by the magpie picture, black, white and blue and flying (books)
Country View October Challenge - All Things Spooky
Lost Coast Portal to Creativity - Scary or Weird

13 comments:

Zoechaos said...

Sitting here chuckling love the books/tornado her hair looks purple to me but then I've not seen any american magpies! Great to have you joining us again at our shine new site AUR. XOXO Zoe

b.t.w. there is a Saturday challenge Fantasy Stampers I thing with the them of Black Magic, I linked my AUR project to them if you want to follow the link,

Dotty Jo said...

Love your card! Jo x

Leigh S-B - The Sharpie Domino Queen said...

Totally a book tornado bwahahahaha! Thx for joining in on our Halloween celebrations over at Lost Coast Portal to Creativity, Happy Halloween!

Jane said...

What a great card Gail..I love the pop of purple. Thanks so much for joining our all things spooky challenge over at Country View.
Jane x

Corrie Herriman said...

She is wonderfully spooky ! Thank you for joining us for the 'All things Spooky" Challenge over at Country View Challenges !
Corrie x

Mickie said...

Great project and so topical! Thank you for joining in the challenge at The Craft Barn xx

maggie said...

A great card and I love the book tornado .

Jane Willis said...

Very atmospheric and the idea of turning the pile of books into a tornado is really inspired. Thanks for joining in our first challenge at Always Use Rubber.
Jane

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

So creative - I also love the purple hair!

Christi Conley said...

I love the book tornado!! Hope to see her learn lots more lessons so you can share with us at AUR ~ Christi

Unknown said...

Hi - great spooky card. Love the tornado of books!
Hugs,
Bev(Guest DT on Always Use Rubber) xx

Nikki W said...

I love the background, really highlights her AWESOME hair. Thanks for linking up to the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity :)

My Side of Oz said...

Loving how accidents make the best makes for us! That book tornado is awesome! And so glad you explained to anyone not knowing any witches why they start school a little late! Love that white ink! Thanks so much for playing with us at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity this month! Nan, DT