Sunday 26 July 2015

The British On Holiday

Hello.  Welcome.  Jenn Shurkus is celebrating 10 years of blogging.  That's a lot of blog.  I usually see Jenn's lovely creations over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.   So Jenn has a fun challenge to CASE a card from her blog.  I had a little scamper back through her blog and a couple of cards caught my eye.  So I decided to CASE this one


I really liked the stripes of colour and I thought I had the perfect image.  It also reminded me about the VLVS challenge, where there are also some stripes..... 


I started by making my background using Vintage Photo for the foreground and Weathered Wood and Salty Ocean for the sky.  Not as bright as the Mermaid Lagoon and I didn't manage to get those nice lines Jenn had.  Probably the wrong type of paper, or maybe not enough water?  


I cut a panel using Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangle die.  Starting to think my sandy beach looks a little bit more like ploughed field!!


I added a half circle coloured with Salty Ocean and added some faux stitch detail using my craft knife.  The umbrella is from Sizzix Umbrella Man, water coloured.  The dog and cake are Viva Las Vegas Stamps.  I gave him a picnic rug and pink lemonade.  I also added wink of stella to the beach for a bit of sparkle.  The sentiment is also from VLVS, stamped on white card and fussy cut.  Here's my CASE Jenn.  Hope you like it and congrats on 10 years blogging. 

Joining the fun at
Creative Chick 10th Blogaversary Celebration  
VLVS July Challenge - A Bit O'Vintage  I used stripes, browns, grunge, and pink
DRS Designs Challenge 184 - Stitch In Time 

Thanks for dropping by.  Incidentally, if you like the dog I have one to give away here   There's a little 'name that bloke' game associated with it.  Just my idea of fun.  Bwahahahahahaha.   Hugz

6 comments:

D.Ann C said...

Your beach scene is terrific and I love that towel!

Bibi Lindahl said...

I love how yours turned out. Beautiful sky and sand!!

Irit Shalom said...

Grea page!

scrappymo! said...

I love your sky, ocean and sand. The effect is fabulous. Perfect for your fun image! and

jenn shurkus said...

omgosh!!! this is fabulous!!! i LOVE how you created your beach blanket- and wow! add your own stitching to that circle- WAY more patience then me :) i think your back ground came out fabulously. just a tip- to get the lines like i did, i did a section of color then heat set it- that way the pools of color stayed dark, giving those lines.... so it was more add color, heat set, add color, heat set :) (hope that makes sense) Thank you SO much for celebrating with me for my blogiversary!!

Taunya Butler said...

Cute and very fun CASE of Jenn's card - love it, so much fun color and detail went into this adorable card!!!