Sunday 12 April 2015

Sun Flower Smiles

Hello.  Welcome.  I thought I'd better start writing this post, even though the project isn't quite finished.  The current challenge over at PaperArtsy is grunge paste.  Ooh, lovely texture and messy crafting all rolled into one.  Also I have been itching to ink up some new to me PaperArtsy stamps.  If I have to name a specific post I was inspired by then it was Kate's textured bloom creation.  But quite honestly, there's a fair amount of splat it on and see as well.  I decided to just play and see where it led me.


I started by applying Dreamweavers yellow texture paste onto a piece of card using a palette knife.  I just wanted some texture so I smeared it on then patted it with the knife to get rid of smooth bits.  Then I stamped using Archival Potting Soil and a PA stamp from ID04.


I used grunge paste through a stencil.  When it was dry I added Potting Soil ink to highlight.  The stamped embelishment was a bit close to the colours so I smeared on Cracked Pistachio distress  ink.  Oooh look, mint choc chip.  That would be pistachio for most of europe.  I am always fooled when I see green ice cream with chocolate bits and am expecting mint, and get pistachio.  But of course that has nothing to do with this project.  



My flower is a stamp from PA Petals 2 set, as is the sentiment, which I stamped on cotton fabric.  I made the flower stem using Tando bamboo stencil and coloured grunge paste.  

Joining the fun at
PaperArtsy

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

1 comment:

Art By Wanda said...

It looks great, Gail!!!!!!!!!!!!