Wednesday 13 August 2014

Strange Weather for Pumpkins

Hello.  Welcome.  The other day I was hopping about, seeing what folk were getting up to and doing some serious lurking, although occasionally so overwhelmed I did take the time to comment LOL, when suddenly I found myself being directed to Unity Stamps who were having a sale.  Always keen to check out a bargain and an unknown stamp company I hopped and, oh, perhaps not unknown after all.  

When I was a total newby to blogland, many moons ago, I did a few blog hops.  Didn't really understand what I was doing but it's a great introduction to find some blogs that interest you.  Anyway, I was hopping and commenting, cos they said leave a comment, you could win.  Would you believe I wasn't even sure what it was I was trying to win??  And then I did.  Win, that is.  Still not sure what I had won but sent my address and after a time an A4 set of stamps arrived.  Wow, impressed I was.   Really nice stamps.  Real red rubber.  Used very little since except for the 'never a dull moment' sentiment which has popped up now and again.   Then suddenly I'm over at Unity Stamps and realise this is one of their sets, neglected in a corner.  So, after a little shopping, I was having a look around and found a Challenge.  Well, you got to have a go haven't you.........  



All stamps on my card are from the Unity Stamps September 2012 SMAK kit.  I masked with ripped paper and stamped on the LHS with the numbers and DI Dusty Concord.  Then I coloured with DI Seedless Preserves.  I stamped the check border with ColorBox Plumeria Chalk on white card and tinted with DI Dried Marigold.  Then I layered two offset borders onto some orange card.  I stamped the frame and fussy cut and added my photo.   Not sure why the snow looks so blue!  Maybe it was a grey day. 


Every year I try and grow a giant pumpkin and at the end of October I have a big harvest/halloween party.  After the party the star of the show is moved out into the garden and I light a candle in it every night until it melts with the first frosts.  Obviously this year it either held out a long time of we had an early snow shower.   I thought my favourite sentiment from the SMAK kit worked perfectly.  I added glossy accents to the small orange punched circles. 

Joining the fun at
The Unity Stamp Challenge 18 
Papertake Weekly - Spots and Dots

I think I will have to add this to my annual party decorations.  Thanks for your visit.  Hugs

No comments: