Thursday 31 July 2014

Blue Yule

Hello and welcome crafty friends.  Well.  The end of another month!  August tomorrow!!  Arrrrggggggg!!!  I sometimes wonder, when I am older and greyer, how fast will time pass cos it is surely whizzing along at the moment.  The end of the month means lots of challenges closing and of course, as always, there are a few I really want to play along with.  I started this project last night, and whilst waiting for glossy accents to dry, I started another one.  This gets to the finish line first but the other isn't far behind so don't go away.  Well, not too far away anyway.  




Here's my take on the STAMPlorations sketch.  It was going to be fish but it seems Christmas in July is still a popular theme and a few people have mentioned blue.  Oh good.  It doesn't take much to abandon the hot pink in favour of a little bit of blue. 

I used patterned card and paper for my base.  I think these are both from Craft Creations.  All the stamps are The Greeting Farm Pretty Hat.  I was going to use some Anya's in my baubles but they are quite large.  Pretty Hat comes with a load of small accessory stamps and they are so cute.  I stamped the animals onto patterned paper, fussy cut and added them to three blue glitter circles I cut with Sizzix dies.  Then I added glossy accents to make them look like baubles.  I realised this morning that I should have added a Wink of Stella to the animals because they look a bit dull against the blue glitter.  Ah, well, note to self.......

I stamped the bows on gold paper and embossed with gold embossing powder.  I found some gold bauble stickers and stole the tops and then doodled some lines with a gold Pilot marker.  The little dog was feeling a bit left out so I added him at the bottom and gave him a gold heart.  

Joining the fun at
STAMPlorations Sketch Challenge 16
The Greeting Farm FFF - Christmas in July
Stampotique Designers Challenge 157 - Christmas in July
CHNC Challenge 187 - Cute
Simon Says Stamp Work it Wednesday July 2014 - Blue
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes
STAMPlorations July Challenge - Stamps and Glitter 

Thanks for your visit.  See you again soon.  Hugs

12 comments:

Lin said...

This is so fun, Gail; love the sparkly stars and the sweet bows on your ornaments! Thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Rebekah Weckerly said...

This is precious and so creatively different!! LOVE it! That little scotty on the bottom is too cute! I have one in real life and am always on the look out for stamps like that!

maureenb said...

Never heard of that stamp company- but its stamps a super! Love your layout. thanks for sharing

Dotty Jo said...

What cute images - they look great in the baubles! Jo x dottypuddingdesigns.blogspot.co.uk/

maria f. said...

Fabulous choice of PP for the BG. And the glittered and glossy baubles are marvelous. Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations this month with your sparkly blue beaut.

Kay Wallace said...

What a lovely Christmas (in July) card, Gail! Right behind red and green as Christmas colors, come my favorites--blue and gold. Lovely ornaments, too.

Kay Wallace said...

P.S. Thanks for participating in this week's Stampotique Designers' Challenge!

Kathi said...

How fun!

I love the background and love the ornaments!

Thanks for playing along with us at Stampotique Designers Challenges!

Deepti said...

This is so adorable, love the sparkle and shine on this card :)

*Arwen* said...

So cute Gail :)
Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Design Challenge

xx Arwen

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely card for CHNC challenge 187 - hope to see you again soon x

Corrie Herriman said...

Lovely card, Gail. Thanks for joining us over at Stampotique !
Corrie x