Saturday 17 May 2014

Happy Birthday Norway

Hello.  Welcome.  Today is Norway's birthday.  Gratulerer med dagen Norge.  And it's a biggy.  200 years ago the Norwegian constitution was written so Happy 200th Norway.  In the spirit of such things I am feeling patriotic and have gone all red, white and blue.  Luckily I got happy mail from Cheery Lynn yesterday so I have been playing with some new dies as well and come up with a wedding card.


I started with a blue base card and added a white layer.  Then I embossed a blue metallic sheet with Cheery Lynn's Diamonds and Starburst embossing plate.  I cut two Cheery Lynn Southern Charm Valance from red card and wove a Norwegian red, white and blue ribbon through them.  I printed a sentiment on the computer and spritzed it with Tsukineko Sparkle Sheer Shimmer.  The sentiment translates as 'Dear bridal couple congratulations for the day and good luck for the future'  I cut it out using Sizzix Scalloped Heart die and inked the edges with VersaMagic Aegean Sea and a touch of Night Sky.  The shooting star effect is actually a load of Cheery Lynn Dandelion die cuts arranged behind the heart.  I was going to use them to as supporting cast to the rose bouquet but tried one behind the heart and thought 'oh yes!' 


Here's a close up of my rose bouquet.  Very pleased with these!!  This is one of the dies that arrived yesterday, Cheery Lynn Tea Rose Small, and I love it.  Once I got the knack, and it didn't take long, I made a little pile of these beauties.  I cut them in white and added a hint of Aegean Sea to the petal edges.  Got a couple of Cheery Lynn Wheat Heads in there as well.  


Love the embossed metal.  It really catches the light.  

Joining the fun at
Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge 132 - Dry Embossing
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - M M is for Marriage
Hjerteboden Utfordring 5 - Bryllup
Crafty Ribbons Challenge 89 - Anything Goes With a Ribbon
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Die Crazy

Thanks for your visit.  Hope you are having a great weekend.  Hugs

6 comments:

Juliz Design Post said...

Complete WOW factor on this Gail to showcase Cheery Lynn dies and the Dry Embossing challenge this week. Love how you layered the dandelions behind your heart to make it all pop. Great flowers and your idea threading the ribbon through you Valance die. I can see you had real fun in making this card. Good Luck.
Julie xx

shulsart said...

Gorgeous card, Iona, the metallic blue really makes the embossed design pop. I love the Dandelions around the edge of the heart, they look like fireworks. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

cebelica said...

Your card turned out beautifully. I like the colour combination and those decorative borders. Very nice. Thank you for playing with us at Crafty ribbons! Hugs! xx

Juliz Design Post said...

Congratulations on your win at Cheery Lynn, great card Gail.
Julie x

Michelle said...

The texture on this is amazing. So pretty! Thank you for sharing your card with us this week for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. ~Michelle

cheiron said...

Gorgeous texture and colors. Thanks so much for playing along with the Die Crazy Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week!