Sunday 16 February 2014

A Little Bit of This, A Little Bit of That

Hello.  Welcome.  A extra big hello to Dunja and Jamie who have joined my little following.  A pleasure to have you along.

I have been spending way too much time checking out all the fab posts over at PaperArtsy.  Have you been there this week?  They are releasing stamps and paints and stencils and there are just so many things to look at, and yes I must admit, things to buy!!  I have started with a modest little order which I hope will soon be winging it's way across the sea.  Speed bonny postman, speed......

With so many new product and samples I've been a bit sidetracked.  This project was going to be based on Julie Ann Lee's posts but I spotted a lovely tag on the JOFY post which just jumped out at me.  I don't have any JOFY flowers (speed bonny postman, speed) so I have used flowers from ELB04 and SM12 and given them a bit of a JOFY look.  Well, I tried.....


I started by stamping flowers from ELB04 in white acrylic onto kraft card.  Then I added some Pansy FF paint highlights. Then I cut it to make a large tag


I coloured some card with FF Pansy and Inky Pool and stamped the flowers from SM12 and SIEN10F and cut them out.  I've added some grass using a white paint marker and a green pro-marker. 


I added a moth Julie Ann Lee style and some pretty fibers.


My tag joining the fun at
PaperArtsy
Country View Challenge 12 - Painty Pleasures
Stamping Sensations - Wings, Fantasy and Fiction
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Get Krafty
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - We Love Stamps

Thanks for dropping by.  Off to post this before Mr Linky closes........ Then I have to empty a load of stuff from my craft room.  I have a single bed in here that just acts as somewhere to put stuff.  After remarking on it numerous times my man has decided it needs to be moved and he will put in a work bench instead.  Hurrah.  So I need to get all my stuff moved out so he can do his thing tomorrow.  Must help to make the transition a smooth one.  Hope to be back crafting in a much more spacious and organised way very soon.....

11 comments:

Craftyfield said...

Congratulation on your new craft room! With a proper space you will be even more creative... I am trying to get my spend under control so this week has been pure torture. Like the fresh and clean look of your tag by the way.

Julie Lee said...

Such a pretty tag! Well done linking just in time! Julie Ann xx

Meihsia Liu said...

This is such a beautiful tag! Love the gorgeous flowers. Thank you so much for sharign with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

brenda said...

A beautiful tag,thanks so much for sharing your creativity with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

Sylvia said...

Great tag, love the stamped acrylic flowers and colours on the kraft card. The beds in my craft room are used regularly so no chance of extra space for me, enjoy your new space when it is finished.

Sylv xx

Francesca said...

great entry, thanks for joining us at Stamping sensations

Francesca x

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

A beautiful artsy garden on this tag!!! Love the flowers!

Emily Leiphart said...

Beautiful tag, Gail! I love how you used the paint and the turquoise pops against the kraft. Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Get Krafty!

Kay Wallace said...

Super tag, Gail, with lots of color and interest! Love that turquoise! Mwah! KayW

Dotty Jo said...

Lovely tag Gail, and I loved seeing your step-by-step of how you created it! Jo x

Unknown said...

Gorgeous tag, love the colours you've chosen. Hanks for joining in with us at Stamping Sensations this month. Maddy x