Friday 1 November 2013

Pumpkins and Winners

Hello.  Welcome.  So glad you could join me.  A little project first and then some winners.  Are you feeling lucky?  Over at PaperArtsy Jo Myhill has been sharing some fantastic projects and I really liked the frame she made using crunchy wax paper.  I didn't have a deep frame so thought I'd consult my dies and see if I could make my own.  I decided to use my Sizzix pumpkin framelit dies.  I cut 7 layers of thick card, used a smaller die for the aperture and stuck them together.  



I painted with orange acrylic and then sponged with Fresco Finish Butternut.  I filled the centre with creased crunchy wax paper.  I cut a pumpkin the same size as the aperture from shrink plastic, stamped with the lady from Winter Wonderland Plate 6, painted with Butternut, then shrank. 

It needs something......



I embossed a piece of orange card with Sizzix retro folder and then highlighted with black ink.  I cut it with the pumpkin dies and stuck it to my frame.  I stamped using ELB04 some leaves with Limelight onto black card and cut them out.  Better I think.  

My pumpkin is joining the fun at
PaperArtsy
Artful Times Challenge 41 - Spooktacular
That Craft Place - Halloween
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes

Thanks for dropping by.  Have a great weekend.  

What, forgotten something?   Oh no, surely not.....  Just kidding.  I want to thank everyone who has played along with me last month and helped me celebrate my blogaversary.  I tallied all the comments for each week then consulted Mr Random.  So here are the lucky four

The Girls Stamp Sheet goes to  Eret
The Men Stamp Sheet goes to   Sue OConnell
The Boys Stamp Sheet goes to  Kay Wallace
The Rascals Stamp Sheet goes to  Sylv

Congrats ladies.  If you would please email me you snail mail addresses to craftynomad at gmail dot com and I will get these in the post.  Please email by 8th November so I can get them posted out before I go on holiday.  I will also be sending out ATC's to my fellow swapees.    Thanks to everyone who has visited and commented this last month, this last year.  Thank you for your support and your inspiration.  Here's to another year of happy blogging.........

16 comments:

Darcy Marshall said...

This is such fun, the embossed top layer totally transforms the piece and is perfect.

Jo said...

Love the idea of making your own frame to create an aperture and the colours really sing. Jo xx

Laura Sterckx said...

Awesome pumpkin project! I love the stamping and the image in the center of it! It looks really fun! :) Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Blog!

Julie Lee said...

A clever idea to make your own frame, especially a pumpkin at this time of year. Julie Ann x.

Kay Wallace said...

Thrilled to have won the Boys Stamp Set, Gail!!! I have two grandsons, so it's perfect for me! Will send off my snail mail address today. Thanks for your generosity and HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BLOG!

Craftyfield said...

Love the idea of a pumpkin frame, original and clever...

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Fabulous pumpkin, love the central focal image and the decorated backdrop. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Tracy x

Amanda said...

Hi, I love your cute pumpkin. Thankyou for sharing with us at That Craft Place. Good Luck and hope to see you again soon.
Hugs Amanda

Lucy Edmondson said...

This is so original and so striking!

Lucy x

Etsuko said...

What a pretty project and good idea. I love it!
Etsuko xx

Sarah B said...

fantastic idea - really striking ! x

craftimamma said...

What a great idea and wonderful take on Jo's techniques. You were right about the final embossed layer. It really gives the project the ooomph that was missing!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

WendyK said...

A great idea, and use of some new techniques

Sylvia said...

Wow, what a fantastic pumpkin, love the use of the waxed paper to frame the image. Noticed I am one of the blog candy winners, thank you so much.

Sylv xx

Neet said...

That is so different and so super. Love the idea you had for using all those different textures in your project.
Thanks for joining me at Artful Times - Hugs, Neet xx

Ann said...

Fantastic pumpkin...so many layers & textures, it looks terrific!!!
Hugs Ann xx