Sunday 10 November 2013

Legs Fell Off, Brain Exploded, Gorilla Ate the Bananas

Hello.  Welcome.  A special hi to Yvonne.  So glad you joined our merry little band.  I have been working on a mega-project.  It's all Darcy's fault!!  Hi Darcy :-)  Over at Art and Soul Darcy has used one stamp to make 6 different Christmas cards and challenged us to do the same.  Now sometimes an idea just grabs you and won't let go.  This is one of those ideas.  Not the best time for me.  I am supposed to be getting myself organised for my trip to the old country in a few days but needs must when the craft mojo rides......  Warning this is going to be a looooong post. 

I decided to use Ding Dong bird from PaperArtsy SIDD5 set.  Not a Christmas stamp but what's a challenge if you don't make it a bit challenging......
 
I started with some backgrounds.....


Hero Arts Stunning Snowflakes stamp embossed in white on blue card and blue on white card.


I used this metal art flower as a mask and used the technique shown by Alison over at PaperArtsy.


I used PaperArtsy fresco finish Pansy paint over the mask then flipped it over to get the positive print.

Then I added distress inks Dusty Concord, Mowed Lawn, Tattered Shutters and Pine Needles.

Card 1- Snowflake Ding Dong


I've added Distress Ink Salty Ocean to a pale blue base card and to the white embossed snowflake background.  I wiped excess ink off the embossed areas.   I stamped Ding Dong bird using blue ink on white card, fussy cut and stuck him on.  He's obviously impressed by those snowflakes.

This card joining the fun at
Hjerteboden - Jul
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes

Card 2 - Twinchie Ding Dong


Hurrah, my first go at twinchies.  I stamped Ding Dong bird using DI Salty Ocean, Barn Door and Dusty Concord onto three twinchies.  Then I masked and sponged on DI Tattered Shutters, Mowed Lawn and Pine Needles.  Mounted the three on a white base card and stamped a tiny happy under each one.  Happy Happy Happy Christmas

This card joining the fun at
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - CAS


Card 3 - Inspired by Alison


This background was so gorgeous I really didn't want to hide it too much.  I was going to try some holly leaves and berries but in the end decided green and purple was Christmas enough.  The frame has been sponged with fresco finish Pansy.  This Ding Dong bird was actually the mask for the twinchies card.  I just added some more ink to his body and tail.  I was going to cut his tail but decided I liked the way his tail is down under and his beak is up and over.  Not sure the Merry Christmas is totally right, made by Gail, but I wanted something bold.  These colours are fantastic.  You need to try this technique.

This card is joining the fun at
PaperArtsy 
Craft-room Challenge - Stencils and Masks
The Artistic Stamper Creative Team Challenge - Christmas
Stamping Sensations - Christmas

Card 4 - House of Ding Dong


I've used red corrugated card as the base for my house.  I stamped Ding Dong four times onto white card and cut out the window apertures, frames and birds using Provo Craft mini frames dies.   The roof was cut from wallpaper using a spellbinders mini border die.  I added a handwritten sentiment and some snowflake confetti.

House of Ding Dong is joining the fun at
Joan's Garden -  red, white and a hint of green, negative die cut, snowflakes
That Craft Place - Sentiment
Kort o Manis Utfordring 96 - Alt Gar Sa Lenge Det er Jul


The whole gang.

Joining this set over at
Art and Sole Christmas Card Challenge
Me and Mine BtCR total 37

Was hoping to do more but run out of time.  Got to catch a plane in a few hours and so many things I still haven't done.  Story of my life.  Thanks for dropping by.  Have a great Sunday.  Still haven't heard from two of my candy winners.  Is it you????

17 comments:

Etsuko said...

Gorgeous christmas cards. Purple and green colours combo are beautiful. Also I love Ding Dong bird.

Etsuko xx

Lucy Edmondson said...

You did a fab job, Gail. I love that Parrot!

Lucy x

Words and Pictures said...

What a great array of cards - and I love the colours you've used for the stencil-flipping one... and the parrot looks fabulous perched in the frame too! Thanks so much for joining in this week at PaperArtsy.
Alison x

Darcy Marshall said...

oooooo I love your Ding-Dong lol sounds so rude hahaha, but really, he may not be a xmas bird, but he worked fabulously.

Joan Fricker said...

Gail, great cards and fun too!
Thanks so much for joining us this week at Joan's Gardens for our weekly challenge.
Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

massofhair said...

Stunning cards! Love the bird perched in the frame, love the colours a lot :-)

Sylvia said...

Four wonderful Christmas cards, ding dong bird works really well. Love him on the snowflake background and the purple and green is stunning.

Sylv xx

Kay Wallace said...

What a challenge, Gail, but, obviously, you had great fun! Love them all!

Wiola said...

Oh my gosh that House of Ding Dong is gorgeous. :) It's such a fun Christmas card. I love it.

cheiron said...

Super fun cards. Love all that inking. Thanks for playing along with the Clean and Simple challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week!

Karina Bunkenborg said...

So nice! Thank you for joining us at kort o mania!

Elisabeth said...

Beautiful Christmas card, thanks for joining us at Kort’O Mania.
Hugs Elisabeth

Titbelsoeur, mixed-media addict said...

Thanks for playing along at The Artistic Stamper this month. You made a gorgeous Xmas card !

MiniOwner said...

Oh wow that's a fabulous total for BtCR. Thank you for being a loyal follower. Season's Greetings!
Sue x

Shell said...

A nice selection of Christmas cards,
thanks for joining us at That Craft Place this time around.
Shell xx

Eret said...

So many lovely Christmas cards. My favorite is the blue card. I just love this color. Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful Christmas card with us at Stamping Sensation.
Eret x

Janne said...

Fint! Takk for at du deltar i utfordringen til Hjerteboden♥ Klem, Janne♥