Wednesday 16 October 2013

Christmas and Birthdays

Hello.  Welcome.  This is a double post to save both you and I some time.  I have a veritable load of projects on the go and the desk is looking like a bombsite again and things are starting to get lost so I have taken myself in hand and managed to get two projects finished.  Hurray.  Gosh, my plastic chair feels positively icy.  A cool autumn day today.  Hang on a minute while I find a blanket to put over it.  ........elevator music............  There, that's better.  It's been so warm in my little space over the summer but now the year is turning and cosy socks and hot chocolate with marshmallows are definitely on the agenda.



Let's start with Christmas.  I made a 14cm square base from silver card.  I cut a Cheery Lynn Spring Flower Burst Doily and a Sizzix Ornament #5 from white card.  The ornament I embossed with the matching folder and then I decided the white was too stark and hit it all with Brilliance Starlight Silver.  I cut the doily in four to use as corners and added some red organza ribbon and a double bow.  It's OK but maybe it needs some bling.  What do you think?

Joining the fun at
Joan's Garden - Ribbon, Corners, Something Christmas
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge 146 - Make it Square
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Christmas/Happy Holiday 
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra for October
Bunny Zoe's Crafts October Challenge - Ribbon

The second thing I have been working on is a clean and simple card inspired by Joanne over at PaperArtsy.  Well, hers was clean and simple  LOL



Joanne's cards look fantastic and you think "I'll just knock out one of those cos I have a few minutes" and then 5 pieces of inky card later it "oh fiddlesticks!!"  I decided to use the PaperArtsy Dragonfly die.  I used Limelight and Inky Pool but didn't have the splat stamp.  After being only able to product very fine splats with a paintbrush I resorted to the tiny circles stamp from PA SM12.  I had some limelight left on my mat after the stamping and sponging so decided to go a bit mad with the circle stamp.  See, not clean at all.  A fish die would have been better cos my dragonfly looks like he's flying through bubbles.  The sentiment is from SIDD5.  


  
And then there's this.  This is actually my favourite make from this afternoons crafting.  A bit more CAS maybe?  The background is my attempt at splats with Pea Coat.  The dragonfly is the die cut from above that I have doodled on.  

My dragonfly card(s) are joining the fun at
PaperArtsy
Die Cut Divas - Animals/Autumn 

Thanks for dropping by.  Leave a little love an you have a chance at this candy.    Stay tuned for more fun and games soon........

12 comments:

Hazel said...

Love your birthday cards. And your Christmas card is absolutely beautiful - thanks for sharing for both CHNC challenges. You could also enter this into the Crafting Musketeers challenge 6: Christmas in October - would love to see it there too x

joanne wardle said...

your post made me laugh, and I think you did a great job. thanks for taking part in my challenge.

Heather said...

A fabulous Christmas card, a lovely design with the silver and great embossing - just perfect with the red bow!!!

Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Heather xx

Trish said...

I love both the card - the bubbles are so cute (although a fish would have looked good too)
The second one is great as well - very clever black and white

Kay Wallace said...

Hi, Gail! A fabulous Christmas card--which I wouldn't touch again except to mail it. If you start mucking around with it, all the pizzazz of that brilliant red bow (so perfectly tied, I might add) just might vanish! Great b'day cards, too. I actually prefer the second! Surprise!

Etsuko said...

Lovely birthday card, Christmas card is so gorgeous.

Arlene said...

Great doodled dragonfly. I love the CAS card - splatter away!

So glad you could join us at Die Cut Divas.

Lucy Edmondson said...

Brilliant! Love the Dragonfly!

Lucy x

Unknown said...

Fantastic Doodle job, I thought it was a stamp, all 3 cards are lovely but my favorite is the CAS one.
Thanks for playing with us at the Die Cut Diva's

Craftyfield said...

Not sure about adding bling to your Christmas card, but I do think it needs something, maybe some dark accent for more contrast. Your nearly CAS cards are lovely too...

laury55 said...

gorgeous!!!!beautiful series of cards

Janet said...

Lovely cards