Thursday 29 August 2013

I Choose You....

Greeting everyone.  Well it's almost the end of August.  Everyone is talking about the end of summer, autumn colours, Christmas.  Personally I am hoping for autumn to hold it's horses because things are just coming good in the garden and a cold snap would be very disheartening.  I am however going to address the Crazy Season.  It's Christmas card time!!    I have been creating for LOTV whose challenge is Festive, and of course this will be going towards my BtCR total.  A worthy addition to the Xmas card stash.....

This one was actually a bit more difficult than it looks.  I spent ages trying to decide if I should emboss, ink, frame, fancy cut or bling up the background.  In the end I opted for CAS.  


 
So I cut a whole stack of trees using Memory Box Frosted Christmas Tree die, embossed them and added some DI Mowed Lawn.  Then I stuck them on a plain card of the same card I used to cut the trees.  I realise they look stamped here but that really is three diecuts.  They do say you can't see the forest for the trees......



More trees, the one front right is on sticky pads.  Then I cut another from white card, added iridescent glitter on the embossed parts and cut off the top to make a small tree.  The little girl is from LOTV art pad Just for Girls and I have dressed her in a red glitter dress and slippers so she can go out in the forest and add a star to this special little tree.  



A close up.  Hopefully you can see the glitter a bit better.  Maybe not!!  Ah well

Joining the fun at
LOTV - Festive
Me and Mine - BtCR (total 24)
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge 139 - Cute 
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra - August 

Thanks for dropping by.  Hope you are having a good week.  Soon the weekend......

7 comments:

Hazel said...

Love your cute card - thanks for sharing for both of my CHNC challenges - hope to see you again soon. x

Sylvia said...

Love the forest and cute Image in her beautiful red shoes, a splendid Christmas card. Wish I had started my Christmas cards earlier, mine are all still to be done.

Sylv xx

MiniOwner said...

Woo hoo! 24 cards - well done! These are lovely and the fairy image is so cute. Thank you for joining in with Beat the Christmas Rush.
Sue x (Me&Mine)

Sandy said...

Hey Gail - your card is delightful! The LOTV image is so very cute and you have given her the perfect setting.
sandy

Erica said...

Hi Gail,

What a great card! Very CAS and so effective! Such a great use of the Art Pads.

Thanks for joining us at the Lili of the Valley 'Make it Festive' challenge, good luck!

Hugs

Erica x

Melissa Bove said...

Adorable card! Such a sweet image!!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

misteejay said...

What a cutie and I love the background - great card.

Toni xx