Saturday 6 July 2013

Purple and Silver

Hi everybody.  Glad you could join me.  Glad I could join you!  I think I shall just shove last week in the bin and move on.  Problems with the livestock and no time to craft.  No time for anything but the livestock and running to catch up with everything else.  Starting to think I need to stick with vegetables.  I mean how much trouble is a pumpkin?  I know, don't go there..........

I saw a post from Mark over at The Artistic Stamper and he said he often knew where he was going with a project before he started.  When I get the chance I will comment and tell him how lucky he is!!  Maybe that's what makes a great designer.   I admit I have my Eureka moments but often when I have an idea the colours don't work or more often than not I end up somewhere totally different.  Not bad different, just different.  I have been working on Christmas cards.  I know it's July but Cheery Lynn wanted Xmas this week and it also fits in nicely with Beat the Christmas Rush which I have been playing along with for a few months now.  This may look simple, and I admit the second and third ones were quick and easy, but the first one took me longer than I will admit, especially longer than I will admit to myself!  So if you like it and feel inspired that's fine, and a compliment, just send me a little love.  



I wanted to go a bit non-traditional with purple and silver.  I cut my silver base card with the angel wing from Cheery Lynn Spring Flower Burst Doily.  Then I cut a matching doily from purple patterned card and a white snowflake using CLD Snowflake 2.  I attached these using a silver snowflake brad.  The bottom of the card was embossed using Crafts-Too Elk folder and I added some silver snowflake stickers.  The tag, a bit hard to see but it says Yuletide Greetings, was a peel off sticker which I backed with a circle of the same purple card and then attached with a mini brad.   


This is what the card looks like opened up flat.  The base card is only 1cm wider than the angel wing so there is only a small area of hinge but it works fine.  I was worried there wouldn't be enough hinge to keep it standing but no problem.  

Over at BtCR the challenge is for up to 5 cards a month.  I only had three of the stickers to make the tags but I decided since I had thrashed out the design I would make all three now, or never.......  That gives me a running total of 20.  These are interactive cards.  The only things I used to attach were the brads, no glue here today, so if after all the christmas pudding is finished and there's nothing on TV you could sit and turn the doily round and round and round and zzzzzzzzzzzz....... 

Joining the fun at

Thanks for dropping by.  Take care and have a great weekend.  Off to enjoy some late evening sun and do a little weeding.........

13 comments:

Sue said...

WOW! These are gorgeous! I love the colours and such a fabulous design. I like the idea of twilling the snowflakes round and round!!
Thank you for taking part in the Joanna Sheen Challenge
Sue xx

Dan said...

Great cards, I love the fine lattice work and the shapes are so eyecatching! Thanks for joining us for this week's Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!

Unknown said...

What a lovely card. Thanks for joining us at the Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge and good luck!
hugs,
Gini

Debbie's Time Out said...

Wow Absolutely gorgeous. The embossed reindeer are cool and I like the way you have the doily and snowflake set above the card base a bit . Very striking. Thanks for joining us in the Cheery Lynn Challenge. Gook Luck

Kay Wallace said...

You have started with a brilliant design, Gail, but the detail you have added just puts this one over the top! It will be a card that is not tossed at the end of the season, but kept--year after year--to set out for display! Yep! It's *that* good!!

Lori said...

What a unique take on Christmas cards. Very pretty. Thank you for joining us with Cheery Lynn's challenge.

Sylvia said...

Fabulous Christmas card, love the design and the silver and purple.

Sylv xx

Lorraine said...

These are gorgeous. I love the colour and the way you've used the die cuts.

Thanks for joining this months challenge at A Little Bit Crafty
Lorraine x

Scrappekatten said...

These are awesome!

MiniOwner said...

Oh wow! These are just gorgeous. I love the silver and purple and the fab die cuts you have used. Thank you for joining me again in Beat the Christmas Rush.
Sue x

Angella said...

vakkert julekort du har laget.... Stilig!
Takk for at du birar til Papirdokkenedes juleutfordring midt sommeren :)
DT-Angella

misteejay said...

Silver & purple are always a lovely colour combo - great cards.

Toni xx

Gro said...

Beautiful Christmascard.
Thanks for joining us at Papirdokkene :o)