Friday 24 May 2013

... and a Partridge in a Pear Tree...

Greetings Nomad followers and friends.  Well here we are, far from home, and therefore far from my stash!!  How will I survive??  Well enough I imagine.  I shall just have to do some improvising in the circumstances.  If you were stranded on a desert island what three craft things would you take along?  OK, lets be generous, what 5 things?  

I am a long way from a desert island and did manage to snap a picture of the Christmas card I made for the Creative Craft Challenge.  Suddenly realised that today is the last day to get this months submission in so here it is.  Only one this month, but every little helps......

I don't have any details on the background paper but isn't it lovely?    Perfect for a bit of reindeer dancing.  I have added some black peel off snowflake stickers and a Merry Christmas.  The reindeer is Sizzix Reindeer with embossing folder which was cut from green card and highlighted with black ink, a snowflake on the shoulder and mounted on sticky pads.  Only the one this week but I think that gives me a running total of 13 so that still means I'm ahead of the Christmas rush!  Hurrah.  

Joining the fun at
Creative Craft World - Beat the Christmas Rush
Stamping Sensations - May Challenge
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra - May 

Thanks for dropping byI may make a few more of these when I have a bit more time because it's a very lovely and quite a quick and simple make.  Nanny is 90 on Monday so home to visit.  Hoping to take some day trips and sample some cream teas.    

8 comments:

Rose said...

oh i love that deer!!! pretty card :)
so glad you linked up with CHNC Extra this month
Rose GD

brenda said...

This is a really great Christmas card Gail, thanks so much for joining in at Stamping Sensations challenge this month.

B x

Hazel said...

This is lovely - thanks for entering my CHNC challenge extra for May - hope to see you again soon. x

Kay Wallace said...

I find myself far away from my art supplies, too, Gail, and for maybe 3 weeks. I will soon be suffering from the withdrawal. I would have brought some stuff with me, but thought I would just be away for one week. As a scrapbook artist, my list would have been very different, but here's what I'm thinking I might take as an art journal-er: (1) my journal, (2) disposable foam brushes, (3) paints including Gesso, (4) gel medium, and (5) collage materials. I may rethink this list, but I think I can create satisfactory things with this group of supplies. I will look forward to reading others' lists! Oh, yes, love your holiday card! Sweet reindeer!

pinky said...

Its lovely, great texture on your reindeer. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
Pinky

Sylvia said...

Love the backing paper with the added stars, fabulous reindeer. Enjoy you visit and your nan's 90th birthday celebrations.

Sylv xx

MiniOwner said...

Wow your reindeer is stunning! Thank you for joining in BtCR at CCW.
Sue x

roffeycreations said...

Adore your reindeer just gorgeous - cheers Mxx