Saturday 13 April 2013

Dasher, Dancer, Donner, Blitzen

Hello Blogland.  Hope everyone is having a sunny, crafty, relaxing Saturday.  This is a real quick post and a real quick make.  Working on my Alpha Dictionary for The Craft Barn Challenge and this fortnight R was the one.  I had a few options here and was going to go Raven/Ravn but after making a bird themed P I thought I would look elsewhere.  So here we go with Reindeer/Rein....


I cut my reindeer using the Sizzix die and then embossed with the matching folder.  I added a hint of black ink to the die cuts and stuck them on the My Minds Eye card stock.  The letters are Sizzix Ida Lou's Flowerbox dies and the definition comes from Wikipeadia.  

Sometime simple is best and since it's sunny out I'm off to do a bit of weeding.  

Entering this for
The Craft Barn Alpha Challenge - R

Have a great weekend everyone.  Thanks for all your lovely comments and for dropping by. 

10 comments:

Sylvia said...

Fabulous background for the beautiful reindeer another great alpha page.

Sylv xx

Karen said...

Its chucking down here so no weeding for me today! I love your reindeer, the embossing looks amazing! Fab page!

Karen from The Craft Barn x

LindaS said...

Wonderful colors on the deer. Make them looks like flying on the soft colored background.

Beverley Baird said...

Great choice for R. I have seen reindeer up in the NWT. Great piece!

Maggie said...

Lovely Reindeer great page send some sunshine here pleeeeeeeese

MaggieH

Kay Wallace said...

I love your "R" word, Gail! Rain came to mind for me! I love that you embossed your reindeer, as it gives them such bulk and fortitude. Also love that you gave them color...a fun (and unexpected) element!

Craftychris said...

Fabulous page! I so love those reindeers! Thank you for your comment - I wouldn't do housework before crafting either! xx

Scrapmate said...

They are beautiful dies, Gail.I love the Bg too.

Sandy said...

Some folk art reindeer! I love them and love your colors!!
Sandy

Anonymous said...

Fabulous entry, love the colours too
Thanks for playing with us
Izzy