Saturday 16 March 2013

I Will Have a Fishy

Good evening blogmates.  Hope everyone is having a great weekend.  It a bit wild out tonight with some cold winds howling around the house so a good time to craft.  Tomorrow there is a new challenge at The Craft Barn so I decided tonight was a good chance to finish my project for the current one!!  Often near the end of the list I am I am.  

We are playing with the Craft Barn's Alpha Challenge and very popular it is too.  Izzy gave us 'M' this week but restricted it to Ma - Me!!  I already had a fair few personal rules I was playing to so I was a little dismayed.  There goes my Mouse/Mus!  So I had to have a search around for an animal beginning Ma - Me in English and Norwegian.  The internet is a wonderful thing dum de dum de dum......

This evening M is for mackerel/makrell.  I have used a 15x15cm piece of My Minds Eye double sided cardstock which was a pale blue on one side.  I layered with a smaller piece of water print vellum.  Love these printed vellums.  Such strong colours.  

 I drew a pattern for my fish and then cut them out of metal sheets in two shades of blue.  The stripes were doodled using a black permanent marker.  The eyes are cream card candy with a doodled black centre.  

I got my definitions from Wikipeadia.  The letters are die cut using Ida Lou's Flowerbox Sizzix dies.  The bubbles are glossy accents containing a curled slither of the metal sheets.

This photo was taken with a flash.  Love the shimmer on the front fish.  I really must try to craft with photo friendly materials but what's a project without a bit of bling??

Entering this for The Craft Barn Alpha Challenge - M 

Take care, relax, craft on.  Thanks for visiting. 

3 comments:

Von said...

It's brilliant Gail :) very inventive mackerel :)
Von ♥

Sylvia said...

Great word for the alpha challenge, love the mackerel and the vibrant colours used.

Sylv xx

Anonymous said...

I think the reflection on the picture is fab!! and so is your page.
Thanks for playing with us
Izzy