Sunday 17 February 2013

Looking into the Love Boat

Hello, hello, it's me again.  Trying to catch up after last nights hitch and taking advantage while the crafting mo-jo is upon me.   I don't really do Valentines.  Not such a hearts and red person.  But it's that time of year.  There are a lot of fun challenges out there that want a bit of love from us so I have put together this little guy.  He's on the outside looking in and hoping for a bit of loving........

 
Over at CASology the want to see some red and Meghan's fish card reminded me that I had this cute stamp that I hadn't used in a while.  Actually, I think it took me longer to find the stamp than to make the card!   Is this a sign I have too many stamps (ooh, I heard lots of no, no, no, can't ever have too many stamps etc etc), or maybe just that I am disorganised?  Yes, definitely that.  If you look up messy in the dictionary I am sure my name will be part of the definition.  Only kidding.  Just.  Simon Says Stamp and Show have challenged us to be messy.  That's me.  I am great at making a mess.  Not so good at the clearing up.  But I also managed to get covered in Distress Ink Barn Door when inking up my background so hopefully that's messy enough.  I don't have a valentines embossing folder but I did have a pack of Design Objectives pre-embossed white cards so I just went a bit crazy with the old Barn Door and got a lovely red background.  And fingers.  And everywhere!!

 
I stamped the fish using All Night Media stamp 379D.  I have had this forever.  Well OK, a long time.  Then to make the porthole effect I cut a circle out of foiled card and added some gem stickers as rivets.   A hint of a tint on his lips and he's ready and waiting for some loving to come his way.    

Entering this for
Artful Times Challenge 23 - Colour

TO MY FOLLOWERS.  Thanks for being with me.  I now have a happy band of 13 so......  I don't got much but I do have a Crafty Individuals Birdcage Mask that I will send to one of my lucky 13.   If you would like it please leave a comment on this post before the Mad Hares dance telling what you think about the number 13.  You can say something about my fish as well if you like.  Ha ha.  I will pick one name to receive this modest but lovely crafting essential.  Thanks for following. 

Have a great evening everyone.  Happy Happy Ho Ho Ho

15 comments:

Meghan said...

I seriously love the punny sentiment! The porthole effect is perfect! Glad you joined in on the fun at CASology this week!

Heathers Inspiration said...

Beautiful card, love the rich red tone and fab LO x

Von said...

Lovely quirkey card :)
Thank you for joinging us at artful Times
Von ♥

Ardyth said...

Love your little fishy image - very punny! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week!

Anonymous said...

Lovely work!!! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show this week! - Ashli :)

Judy1223 said...

Gail, your card and your whole post brought a smile to my face! What an adorable fish (check out those lips!)...and messy is good in my book! So glad you played along at CASology this week!

SandeeNC said...

OH, I just love puns, and that kissing fish is a cutie! Great background too, lovely work! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

Neet said...

Swelling the ranks for you.

Neet said...

Having problems leaving comments so third time lucky. Lovely idea using the fish and a porthole to make a cute Valentine. Sorry we cannot count this in our challenge this time as we asked for a colour technique. Hope my comment does not put you off entering again, we would love to see you at Artful Times.
Hugs
Neet xx

Neet said...

Please don't delete it, it is fine where it is. Just giving you a heads up on the criteria. We all make mistakes, me more than most at times.
Hugs, Neet xx

chrissie said...

Great colour you have used on this card and the sentiment is brilliant.

Love Chrissie xx

Redanne said...

Love your great card and that pun is so funny! Love it. Anne x

MyCraftWorld said...

Hi Gail,
Lovely bright card, love the fish image :)
Thank you for joining us at Emergency Crafters!
~Lucy x

Sylvia said...

Love the pouting fish, wonderful card.

Sylv xx

Kay Wallace said...

Gail, just so you know, I work so hard on my own blog than when I choose to "follow" a blog, I actually READ THE BLOG, not just look at the pictures! So, with that in mind, I love the fishy kiss AND I am not afraid of the number 13, although in the U.S. most buildings do NOT have a 13th floor! Also, I remember my great joy at turning 13 and becoming a teenager...I am now 69, but I still remember! ;-)